Thursday, June 7, 2012

New beginnings..

Hello again!

It has been so long since I've blogged and SO much has happened. So here is a little update of what's been happening lately.
God is taking me into a new chapter of my life and I'm so incredibly ecstatic to see what He has in store.
I guess I'll start from the top...

First,
I graduated from the University of Memphis on May 5th! FINALLY! After four long years, I made it. I graduated with a double major in Spanish and Sociology and it was definitely a challenge, but extremely worth it. I was blessed to be able to celebrate with my family and close friends AND my cousin, Sarah Beara, surprised me from California to come to my graduation. It was the BEST gift I could have received. 








Second,
Since I graduated college, I had been praying that God would direct me to the next step He wanted me to take. Back in April I was involved with the KONY 2012 campaign and Cover The Night. The organization who put it together in the Memphis area was, Operation Broken Silence. 
I decided to take a closer look into what they were about and a possibility of a position there. I was so thrilled when I looked at the website and one of the 2 open internships was for EXACTLY what I went to school to do. It was for a Refugee Research Intern, which involves doing things that I learned with Sociology. So I immediately sent in my resume, not expecting a quick response, and a day later got an email from the director and set up an interview. 
The interview came and Mark asked me to do the internship on the spot! TALK ABOUT A GOD, DIVINE APPOINTMENT! I am so excited to be a part of this awesome team of people and to be able to have a hand in making a difference in the community of Memphis. 
Check out their website!

These are just two of the incredible things that have happened in my life lately. I'm so stoked to see what God has next!!!
I'll also be blogging about a super awesome change that just recently came about in my life...it just was too much to put in this blog as well...it needs a post of its' own ;)

Be encouraged today.
You may be in a similar position I was in after graduation, wondering what the next step was, but ALWAYS remember Jeremiah 29:11
"I know what I'm doing. I have it all planned out-plans to take care of you, not abandon you, plans to give you the future you hope for." (The Message)

Until next time...be blessed.
xoxo




2 comments:

  1. SO excited for you! Thank you for the encouragement sweet girl!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Nicholl!!! And you're welcome for the encouragement, I know how it is and it's great to get a lil word here and there :) Hope all is well for you! :)

      Delete