Thursday, June 14, 2012

Each day gets better...


 Happy Thursday!


As promised in my last blog post, here is the next exciting recent change that has taken place in my life. Many of you will already know what I will be writing about today, but I thought I'd get a little more personal and give some more background story as well.
First, let me just announce to the blogging world...

I'm ENGAGED :) 

...To the most INCREDIBLE man in the entire world: Jeremy Dane Louison.

Now, here's the story of how this engagement came to a reality...
(I know this looks long, but it's necessary to read the entire story haha)
About two and a half years ago, I was in a very serious long-distance relationship on and off for almost two years at that point. Then one day, out of no where, the relationship ended. Needless to say, I was completely and utterly heartbroken and in NO way whatsoever, looking for another relationship. 
At that point I had decided to wholeheartedly surrender to my first love, Jesus Christ, and give up all else in my life and to follow after Him. (which in turn became the best decision I could have ever made). Now I grew up in church my entire life and had heard the whole deal of, "wait for your prince charming" and other things of the sort. But I never truly wanted to believe that when you give up looking for love, that love soon finds you.
However, I began to believe it slowly and realize that God has a plan, even if that requires heartache and disappointment along the way.

Shortly after that break-up, a program at my church called Memphis Masters Commission, started its' "school" year. The students who had come to be a part of that program were all at that Wednesday night's service and went to eat with the usual group after the service was over. I was introduced to the new students and met all but one. So, being the outgoing person I am, walked up to the student I hadn't met yet and introduced myself.
Now, although I am normally outgoing, I'm usually not that bold to say statements like the following...
I introduced myself to the guy I hadn't met and complimented him [Jeremy] on his sweet kicks then said, "I have a feeling that we're going to be great friends"....that's the bold statement I'm talking about. He just looked at me and laughed, probably thinking, "who the heck is this girl with bright red hair?!" (at the time my hair was that color)
Well over the course of a couple of months, we became good friends and I even convinced him to be a part of a dance routine I was teaching the dance team at our church for a huge event called Fall Rush.
A couple months went by and Jeremy went back to NY for Thanksgiving break. During that break we spoke on the phone for a total of 32 hours! One night while we were talking on the phone, I had this crazy feeling in my stomach and it was as if God was waving a flag in my face and yelling, "Hey, that's the one that I had waiting for you all of these years!!!"
So, I excused myself from the conversation and prayed for almost an hour on my face. God confirmed in my spirit over and over that Jeremy was going to be my husband. So, reluctantly I got on the phone and knew I had to tell him what God had just revealed to me. I called him back and told him I needed to tell him something so random and ridiculous...I said, "I think you're going to be my husband..." And Jeremy didn't say anything at first. Then after a minute of silence (which felt like hours upon hours) he responded with, "I've known for a while now..." And I was left almost speechless. Leading up to that point, Jeremy explained that he had gotten several "signs" if you will, from the Lord showing him I would be his wife. Crazy, right?!?!
For those of you who don't know, when you are a first year Masters Commission student, you are not allowed to date your first year (which Jeremy was). So when he returned to Memphis from break, because we liked each other, we were not able to talk until his graduation in June. So from December 1st until June 5th, we had no communication at all.

That time took complete and total reliance on the Lord and to have patience in his perfect timing. And it was the HARDEST thing I've ever had to do. But...
It was so worth it.

Those 6 months went by and I could officially talk to Jeremy. And after all that waiting (even after knowing he was going to be my husband) I felt such a relief to finally be with the man of God's dreams for me. 
Now, fast forward eleven months in to our relationship...haha
On May 26, 2012, my entire life changed drastically.
There is a beautiful park in Memphis called Shelby Farms and is a frequent hang out spot for me and Jeremy. Well on that day, we went to the park in the morning to just relax and hang out (well that's what I thought anyway). The entire time Jeremy was acting really strange and anxious and I didn't know what was wrong with him. Well we were sitting down on a bench and just chatting and we began to speak about the significance of this date.
Jeremy, being nervous and jittery, stood up and began to explain that it was important because it was the wedding anniversary of his parents and then he said, "And it's also the day I'm proposing to you..."
I thought I had misunderstood what he said, then he got down on one knee and asked me to be his wife. I started crying, of course, and just kept saying "Are you serious?" I didn't know what else to say. I then stood up and hugged him and he was still on one knee with the ring in front of him. As I'm hugging him and kind of smashing his face, he says, "So, is that a yes?" And I responded with, "DUH, OF COURSE IT'S A YES!"
It was the most beautiful day of my life. Oh and the ring couldn't be any more perfect!
A couple minutes after he put the ring on my finger, he calls my friends Darla and Jessica to come take pictures of us. They apparently were supposed to take pictures in the bushes while it was all happening, but there was miscommunication and they went to the wrong lake at Shelby Farms. But all was good, because we just did a reenactment of the proposal...
Here are the "proposal" pictures:





Yea, we know we're pretty freakin' awesome!

I'm so extremely blessed and excited to be engaged to the most incredible man of God I've ever met. He really is such an amazing man and has a heart after the Lord, which is very rare to find these days. I'm so stoked to begin this chapter in my life with my best friend and fiance by my side! I could not ask for a better man than Jeremy and all the waiting and refining just prepared me to be the Proverbs 31 woman that Jeremy would need as his helpmate.

Surrendering my dreams and will for God's dreams and will, as I said earlier, was the BEST decision I could have ever made and I now see why. It wasn't until I could truly love Jesus and be loved by Him completely, that I could love truly with His love and be led to the man of God that He had set apart for me.


If you're reading this now and actually took the time to read the complete story, you understand the significance of God in this all. So, with everything said, I know this was a "love story" about my fiance and myself, however, please don't misunderstand the reason we are together. Because this is truly a love story of us and the ONE who is love. Soak in the love of Jesus and be completely and passionately in love with Him before you can love in the way that He loves. You haven't truly experienced love until you have experienced the love of Jesus Christ. Be encouraged by our "love story" and be captivated by our beautiful Lord.


God is love.
XOXO
                  
















1 comment:

  1. Love this Tasha!! So incredibly excited for you! Such a great testimony to what happens when we make Him the Lord of our life, He never disappoints :)

    ReplyDelete