Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Devo Mix Up!

Happy Wednesday!
I hope everyone has had a blessed and great week thus far.

Today, I wanted to talk about how to not get stuck on a hum-drum devotional routine and how to mix up your daily time with Lord so you don't become used to the routine and take for granted the time you have with Him.
If you have an IPhone, Android or other "Smart Phone," which is a huge amount of the population nowadays, a great way to mix up your devotional time is to download the YouVersion app and set different daily devotionals. 
There are some great resources and tools that can be utilized so that you can continue to grow in the Lord while enjoying the diversity of it.
The plan that I chose to do a couple days ago, is a Joyce Meyer Women's Devotional and it is POWERFUL. It lasts for 2 weeks and then after it's done, I can choose another great devotional offered by the YouVersion app.
Here's the step-by-step way to get to this specific devo on the app:

1. Go to the "Plans" section of the front page:


2. Go to the "Devotional" section if you just want short, 2 week inspirational devos:


3. There are several different options for devos here, I personally chose the Joyce Meyer devo:


4. For this next couple of weeks, I chose to do the Confident Woman Devotional:


This shows the verse reference for the day and also the daily reading.
It's some great stuff there!!!

Another great way to mix up your time with the Lord:
Create a worship playlist that lasts about an hour or so.
This is a great way to worship and pray for a specific amount of time.
Here's my example of the current playlist I have: 


I have a variety of songs from several different artists and it's a great mix for worshipping and praying.

I hope you have enjoyed this lil devo tip in order to keep your relationship and time with the Lord fresh and new.

Here's one of the songs from the playlist that is INCREDIBLE!!
"Holy Spirit" by Bryan & Katie Torwalt
   

   

1 comment: